REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
Jiffy Lube Seeks Muralists
DEADLINE : February 7, 火红彩票平台手机下载
Fort Wayne magazine is partnering with Jiffy Lube of Indiana to commission 2 wall-based artworks on Jiffy Lube franchises in northeast Indiana in 火红彩票平台手机下载.
The award-winning Every Part Matters is an arts initiative that Jiffy Lube started in 2016 in Indianapolis. To date, there are 14 original artworks that appear on Jiffy Lube locations around Marion County.
The Every Part Matters Fort Wayne artwork initiative serves to further Jiffy Lube’s mission of “growing people through work” as well as to beautify the communities in which the stores reside, and help to create a sense of place.
For more information about the mural program, visit
Budget: $5,000 to $12,000 depending on wall size (all-inclusive)
Eligibility: Professional artists over 18 and llive and work in northeast Indiana
Deadline: Friday, February 7, 火红彩票平台手机下载, 5:00 p.m. EDT
Artworks can be painted murals, or any other type of artwork that is relatively flat (projecting no more than 4-6 inches from the wall plane) and which can be attached to a wall. Murals may be painted directly onto the wall surface or can be painted onto a panel and attached to the wall. Artists may choose to incorporate community involvement in the mural or may choose to do the work themselves. The theme should not focus on any aspect of Jiffy Lube’s business—theme and subject are of the artist’s choice.
This timeline represents the project as it now appears. Changes may be necessary as the project progresses.
- Release Request for Qualifications: January 7, 火红彩票平台手机下载
- Deadline for qualifications submissions: Friday, February 7, 火红彩票平台手机下载 at 5:00 p.m. EDT
- Selection panel review: Week of February 8, 火红彩票平台手机下载
- Selection notification: Week of February 17, 火红彩票平台手机下载
- Commissioning and mural design period: February 17, 火红彩票平台手机下载 – March 17, 火红彩票平台手机下载
- Commission Feedback on submitted artist mural designs: March 20, 火红彩票平台手机下载
- Artists will submit final revised mural designs: March 30, 火红彩票平台手机下载
- Mural installation: between April 1 and June 30, 火红彩票平台手机下载
Fort Wayne magazine will receive qualification packages from interested artists according to the instructions in this Request for Qualifications. Representatives from Fort Wayne magazine, Jiffy Lube and the Every Part Matters Fort Wayne Steering Committee, will review submitted qualifications to identify one artist for each of the five sites listed above. Selected artists will work directly with the Every Part Matters Fort Wayne Steering Committee.
Submissions will be evaluated based on the following:
- Artistic Quality: Artist’s submission displays a record of appropriate, yet innovative, concepts brought to a site or project, and documents creative and stylistically distinctive solutions to design and site challenges
- Aesthetic Sensibility: Artist’s work displays an aesthetic that would be desirable for this project
- Technical Ability: Artist’s submission indicates skill with materials and techniques similar to those that would be required for this project
- Experience: Artist has demonstrated the ability on past projects to quickly acquire the skills needed to be successful on a project similar to what the artist will encounter with this project
- Process: Artist has a record of smooth and pleasant working relationships on past projects
How to Apply
No designs are required as part of the artist’s application materials!
To apply for this project, artists will provide contact information, background as an artist, and samples of their work.
All applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on February 7, 火红彩票平台手机下载. Allow plenty of time to prepare and submit your information. If you are having difficulty preparing your materials, please contact Sara Fiedelholtz, editor-in-chief, Fort Wayne magazine, sfiedelholtz@, c: 847.736.1387, for personalized assistance.
To apply online:
Applications may be submitted here. You do not need to print out this application!
- The form will ask you to type in and/or attach your resume/bio information. Please limit your resume/bio to the equivalent of 2 typed pages.
- The form will also allow you to attach images of your artwork, or you may instead indicate an online location where they may be viewed (for example, your website, your blog site, YouTube or Vimeo, etc.). Make sure the URL leads directly to the project examples applicable to this opportunity. (Sorry, we cannot look at Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Vine accounts due to the difficulty of identifying which projects we should be reviewing for this opportunity.) This is the preferred way to get work samples to us, but you may also send materials separately (see #5 below). You may attach up to 5 images to the form in JPEG or PDF format. At least one image is required as part of your application. Clear, high-quality images are essential to presenting your work at its best.
- The form will also ask you to type in or attach a list of the images you are submitting, with information about the projects that the images document:
- The name/title of the artwork and the year it was completed
- The name of the client, if applicable
- The location of the artwork, if in a public site
- The dimensions of the artwork
- The budget or sales price of the artwork
- A description of the concept or site challenge along with how you solved it, with details of any community engagement work that was required and performed
- Click “Submit” to upload.
- If your application did not have images attached or did not indicate an online location where your work can be viewed, you can text or email images and the image list to Sara Fiedelholtz, sfiedelholtz@ Emailed images should be less than 2MB each and should total no more than 10MB in attachments per email. If your images are larger than 2MB, share them with Sara Fiedelholtz via Dropbox PUT LINK TO OUR DROPBOX or WeTransfer PUT LINK TO OUR WE TRANSFER by uploading materials to those services first and sending a sharing link to sfiedelholtz@
To mail or hand-deliver applications:
Artists may choose instead to submit all their information on ONE CD or flash drive. CDs or drives must ARRIVE at Fort Wayne magazine before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 7, 火红彩票平台手机下载.
If you plan to submit on a CD or flash drive, please contact Sara Fiedelholtz, sfiedelholtz@ to receive an editable version of the application form.
CD submissions may be hand-delivered or mailed to:
Attn: Jiffy Lube Mural Project
Fort Wayne magazine
600 W. Main Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
QUESTIONS? Contact Sara Fiedelholtz, editor-in-chief, Fort Wayne magazine, sfiedelholtz@, c: 847.736.1387
Note to Applicants
This Request for Qualifications does not constitute an offer to contract or a promise for remuneration, recognition, or any other benefit to the applicant. Submission of materials in response to this Request for Qualifications does not constitute an express or implied contract. The information provided, and/or any program or event described, may be changed, amended, modified, or canceled at any time and for any reason. Fort Wayne magazine and Every Part Matters Fort Wayne Steering Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any and all responses received, or to commission an artist through another process, with the goal of accomplishing the best result possible.
Every Part Matters Fort Wayne Steering Committee Equity Statement
Every Part Matters Fort Wayne is committed to working with the arts and cultural community to cultivate a sector that serves, celebrates, and values every resident of northeast Indiana. In pursuit of this vision, we do not predetermine participation on the basis of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or religion. We see a successful arts and cultural community as one where all artists have full access to the robust creative arts resources of our city and in which their varied histories, voices, and life experiences are honored.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Sara Fiedelholtz, sfiedelholtz@, c: 847.736.1387
Every Part Matters Fort Wayne Fair Pay Statement
Every Part Matters Fort Wayne values the experience and the skilled work created and completed by artists of all disciplines. As such, we are committed to providing fair and equitable compensation for the artists who participate in our projects.